I was having difficulty playing with Bitbucket behind the corporate proxy. Our local proxy servers alone didn’t work for me on http/https and I had to switch to the ssh solution.
This is how it worked:
- Created a set of keys from within the SourceTree.
- Launch SSH Agent. Import the private key.
- Upload your public key to Bitbucket site.
- Change the remote/origin in the SourceTree to use ssh instead of https (something like email@example.com:<username>/<project>.git. Find this from your project on the Bitbucket.
- Enter the proxy details in SourceTree Options.
- Now “push to remote” works fine in SourceTree